Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Northern California Says Farewell to the Space Shuttle Endeavour.




Growing up in the 1960s NASA’s space program has always been fascinating to me. When I look up at the stars, I wonder what it would be like to be up there and If there other civilizations up there? Well NASA’s Shuttle Space program is over. Space Shuttle Endeavor flew over California on September 21, 2011 for its final flight. It hitched a ride on top of a 747 jet. It took off at 8:17 a.m. from Edwards Air Force Base, located on the border of Kern County, Los Angeles County. Space Shuttle Endeavor then soared over northern California cities of Sacramento, San Francisco Burlingame, Mountain View, Atherton, East Palo Alto, Oakland, Berkeley, Richmond, Fremont, Foster City, Los Altos, Menlo Park, Millbrae, Palo Alto, San Mateo, Santa Clara, San Jose and Sunnyvale. There were 100 of thousands of people cheered the passing Space Shuttle Endeavor. People even got emotional. George Kucera, 47 said, "That made me feel like a little boy again,'' he watched with thousands near the Golden Gate bridge, "I lost myself in a moment." Fifteen year old Alex Thanos of Redwood City said, "It was incredible, an once-in-a-lifetime experience. It was breathtaking." I saw it on TV and I started to get a little teary eyed. This was history in the making, I am sad to see NASA’s Shuttle Space Program end. All good things must come to an end.  

LM
  

No comments:

Post a Comment