Memorial Day is the day of remembrance for all our fallen Veterans. Memorial Day weekend is the official kicks off for the beginning of summer barbecues and festivals. For all of you who would like to go somewhere and pay tribute here are a few places you can go on Monday.
- 10:30 a.m. - The 142nd San Francisco Memorial Day ceremony. The event begins with a parade of veterans. Guests include San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom, members of the board of supervisors, Rep. Jackie Speier, d-San Mateo/San Francisco, Sen. Leland Yee, D-San Francisco, and others. Starts at Main Post parade ground, San Francisco Presidio, Montgomery Street and Sheridan Avenue; continues top the cemetery at 1 Lincoln Blvd.
- 11 a.m. St. Mary's cemetery, 4529 Howe St., Oakland
- 12 p.m. Holy Sepulcher cemetery, 26239 Mission Blvd., Hayward.
- 1 p.m. Memorial Day ceremony aboard the USS Hornet Aircraft Carrier Museum. USS Hornet, 707 W. Hornet Ave., Pier 3, Alameda.
- 1 p.m. Rep. John Garamendi, D-Walnut Creek, will attend a Memorial Day ceremony at the Contra Costa County Veterans Monument. Contra Costa Boulevard and Boyd Road, Pleasant Hill.
This weekend for all of you who are staying in town. There are festivals right in your town, here are some.
- 75th Anniversary of the Golden Gate Bridge at PIER 39 Sunday, May 27 2:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. at PIER 39, San Francisco, CA
- A Day in the Park Sunday, May 27 12:00p to 5:00p at St. James Park, San Jose, CA
- Morgan Hill Mushroom Mardi Gras Festival Saturday, May 26 10:00a to 7:00p at Morgan Hill Community and Cultural Center, Morgan Hill, CA
Well these are some places you can take the family to. Remember to be safe on the Highways. For all your delivery needs Streetwise Special Delivery Inc. Courier Service Delivers to San Francisco, Morgan Hill, San Jose, Oakland, Alameda, Walnut Creek and other bay area cities.