Thursday, October 6, 2011

The Joys Of Being A Courier


I deliver things to people for a living, and I really enjoy it!   No, I don't dress-up like Santa Claus every Christmas with a fetish for passing out presents, although I have gained a few pounds lately.
I'm a courier, working for a company called 'Streetwise Special Delivery Incorporated'  located in Gilroy, California, where we service the greater San Francisco Bay Area and all parts of California, our reach extending nationally, and, internationally when needed.
Once in a while I get to step onto a jet to deliver documents or items to a far away customer, only to catch the next flight home mission accomplished, however, most travel time is spent in the car driving near and  far, to deliver customers just what they need....when they need it!
The enjoyment comes from visiting so many places, and delivering different items to interesting people for various reasons that involve me in situations not encountered in other professions.
Whether it means getting an computer part to business sight before the engineer arrives making his job easier, or delivering a batch of gourmet cookies to a shopping mall delicatessen just before the lunch rush, or taking sensitive medical equipment or supplies to a hospital in time for doctors and nurses to save lives, or driving medication to the homes of  needy patents in the middle of the night (I'm a licenced medical courier), even taking special hospice-meds to terminal cancer sufferers in pain, I satisfy people's needs....and it makes me feel like I'm contributing!
This makes each ride worth it for me, that and the satisfaction I often see on our clients faces....the same satisfaction my company demands, and guarantees on each and every job!
I feel this is the big reason we're still in business, and able to weather the storm of a bear-market economy which has swallowed up many of our competitors (often much larger than us).
Our philosophy is simple: you only get ONE shot with a client, so provide them with optimum customer service, thus creating the satisfaction that sets us apart from others....and sends us new business from referrals!
We also maintain company growth (each employee and the owners!) by way of our name..."Streetwise", as EACH of us hit the streets, strip-malls and business parks with eyes and ears open....trying to find new companies that need our service.
Add to that our informative website (www.streetwisesd.com), its educational blogs, anecdotes, and even a modern, sophisticated radio station....and we're armed with the marketing tools to progress and prosper well into the future.
My goal is to humbly share in that prosperity by continuing to work hard to be the best at my job....or nothing else!  It all starts with appearance and wearing the uniform, followed by performing what I call... the FIVE P's:  PRESENTABLY,  PROMPTNESS, PREPAREDNESS, POLITENESS, AND PROFESSIONALISM.
I only ride with all five, whether delivering gift baskets to birthday parties, rushing court documents to judges, taking mail loads (which the post office can't handle) to depot warehouses, or personally processing company mail and departmental communications for a corporation.
 Yes, I truly enjoy being a courier, and doing it the "Streetwise" way, the BEST way....and the ONLY way!
Thank You;  Don't forget to check out  www.streetwisesd.com , and listen to 'Streetwise Radio'.
Sincerely,   PeteCam4

1 comment:

  1. Some motorbike couriers will only need a primary quotation that doesn't protect companies robbery eye-catching products.

    couriers

    ReplyDelete